Summary of the Collaborative Research Week (CRW) - Heidelberg 2018
The Collaborative Research Week was organised in the frame of the Priority Programme Volunteered Geographic Information (SPP 1894) of the German Research Foundation from 22.-25. May 2018 at Heidelberg University. The aim was to enable cross-project research between the researchers involved in the Priority Programme. Finally five groups have been found to work on:
- Data Interlinkage, Interpretation & Visual analytic (Alexander, Filip, Marc, Nida, Dennis)
- Crowdsourced Historical Spatial Data (Thomas, Björn, Bert Spaan)
- Machine Learning & Sensor data (Florian, Bastian)
- Uncertainty & VGI (Alexandra, Bin, Siming, Sanae, Rahul, René)
- Combining spatial and textual search (Daniel, Madhia)
Discussion at the VGIscience Collaborative Research Week, 22.-25. May 2018 in Heidelberg, Germany
Inspiration from outside were given by 2 keynotes on Wednesday and Thursday:
Furthermore a PI meeting and panel discussion were organised to exchange ideas about research priorities for the 2nd phase of the Priority Programme.
On Thursday afternoon the participants could choose between two excursions, which went either to the largest chemical producer in the world BASF or to Schwetzigen Palace with its spacious and ornate gardens.
The overall program can be found here.